[Numpy-discussion] how to use the name of a ndarray as a string

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy@gmail....
Fri Nov 18 10:40:05 CST 2011

Thanks to all people for this very nice discussions.

the solutions are more that what I want!! and help me to clarify some
concepts, and really begin to use class as a beginner :)

I would say either Olivier or denis's solution can solve my problem
completely.

cheers,

Chao

2011/11/18 denis <denis-bz-gg@t-online.de>

>  as Olivier and Chris say, use a dict from the start.
> To make this a bit easier / more readable,
> use this tiny class Dotdict:
>
> class Dotdict( dict ):
>    """ d = dotdict(),  d.key same as d["key"] """
>        # aka Bag, Bunch
>        # cPickle.dumps( d, -1 ): PicklingError in 2.6.4
>    def __init__(self, **kwargs):
>            dict.__init__(self, kwargs)
>            self.__dict__ = self
>
> d = Dotdict()
> d.a = np.arange(10)
> d.b = np.ones((3,4))
> d.b[1,2] += 1
> print d.b
>

> One can also save all the d.* arrays like this:
>
> def savedotdict( d, prefix="d.", save=np.savetxt, **kwargs ):
>    """ save all d.* to files """
>    for name, val in d.items():
>        out = prefix + name
>        if isinstance( val, basestring ):
>            with open( out, "w" ) as f:
>                f.write( val.rstrip() )
>                f.write( "\n" )
>        else:
>            print "saving %s to %s" % (val.shape, out)
>            save( out, val, **kwargs )
>
> d.info = "2011-11-18 nov kilroy"  # From()
> savedotdict( d, "d.", fmt="%.3g" )
>
> cheers
>  -- denis
>
> (If you use this, could you post it to the numpy-discussion group
> please ?
> It rejects me, grr.)
>

> On Nov 10, 11:17 am, Chao YUE <chaoyue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can quickly use the name of a ndarray as a string?

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16