[Numpy-discussion] dtype

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes@gmail....
Mon Nov 28 02:28:15 CST 2011

Hi,

I don't know about documentation, but I always use syntax like
zeros(10, dtype=numpy.float64)
where you have dtypes like
numpy.int8
numpy.uint32
numpy.complex128 # == two numpy.float64, one for real, one for imag.
etc. This is usually less confusing to my mind. One caveat: floats above 64 bits are not always supported and rarely what you think - see another discussion on this list a few weeks back.

Cheers
Paul