[Numpy-discussion] Reading automatically all the parameters from a file

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes@gmail....
Wed Nov 30 08:43:11 CST 2011

On 30. nov. 2011, at 12:09, Giovanni Plantageneto wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have a simple question. I would like to have all the parameters of a
> model written in a configuration file (text), and I would like to have
> all the parameters in the file automatically defined inside a program.
> I find ConfigParser a bit low level, is there any function that
> automatically reads everything from a file?
> Thanks.

I like having my input files simply be python files, on the form
bar = 'foo'
ham = ['spam', 'eggs']

Then I import them as
import imp
parameters = imp.load_source("parameters", "myinpufile.py")

Now the object 'parameters' is a python module so I can say
print parameters.bar
and 'foo' will be printed.

Paul