[Numpy-discussion] wanted: decent matplotlib alternative

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Thu Oct 13 17:25:36 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Myself and other developers would greatly appreciate help from the
>> community to point out which examples are too confusing or out of date. We
>
> It would be nice to have a social interface for the mpl gallery like the one
> similar to the R-gallery
> [http://www.r-bloggers.com/the-r-graph-gallery-goes-social/]

Big +1. Just yesterday I wanted to add some cool "notes to self"
plots. IIRC there was a lightning talk at SciPy conference two summers
ago about starting a web site just like this. Don't know what happened
though.

Skipper