[Numpy-discussion] NA masks in the next numpy release?

Travis Oliphant oliphant@enthought....
Tue Oct 25 21:56:26 CDT 2011

So, I am very interested in making sure I remember the details of the counterproposal.    What I recall is that you wanted to be able to differentiate between a "bit-pattern" mask and a boolean-array mask in the API.   I believe currently even when bit-pattern masks are implemented the difference will be "hidden" from the user on the Python level.

I am sure to be missing other parts of the discussion as I have been in and out of it.

Thanks,

-Travis