[Numpy-discussion] Pull Request Review: R-like sample function

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 1 22:14:40 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 22:07, Christopher Jordan-Squire <cjordan1@uw.edu> wrote:

> So in the mean time, are there any suggestions for what this R sample
> function should be called, since random.sample is apparently taken?

If you default to size=1 (which you probably should anyways), then
np.random.choice() makes sense, in analogy to random.choice() from the
standard library.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."