[Numpy-discussion] what to use in buildbot config for numpy testing

Derek Homeier derek@astro.physik.uni-goettingen...
Wed Sep 7 16:22:39 CDT 2011

On 07.09.2011, at 10:52PM, Chris Kees wrote:

> Is there a recommended way to run the numpy test suite as a buildbot
> test? Just run ad python -c "import numpy; numpy.test" as ShellCommand
> object?

It would be numpy.test() [or numpy.test('full')]; then it depends on what you need
as the return value of your test. I am using for package verification

python -c 'import numpy, sys; ret=numpy.test("full"); sys.exit(2*len(ret.errors+ret.failures))'

so python will return with a value != 0 in case of an unsuccessful test (which it
otherwise would not do). But this is just within a simple shell script.

Cheers,
					Derek
Derek Homeier          Centre de Recherche Astrophysique de Lyon
ENS Lyon                                      46, Allée d'Italie
69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France                  +33 1133 47272-8894