[Numpy-discussion] Testsuite fails with Python 2.7.3rc1 and 3.2.3rc1 (Debian)

Sun Apr 1 04:32:59 CDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralf
> sorry for the late reply.
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 22:29, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >> I've reported http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2085 and Ralf
> >> asked for bringing that up here: is anyone able to replicate the
> >> problem described in that ticket?
> >>
> >> The debian bug tracking the problem is:
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=664672
> >

> > We do have an Ubuntu buildbot that runs fine with 2.7.2 (see
> > buildbot.scipy.org).
>
> ubuntu python and build stack tends to be different than Debian ones,
> so they are not exactly comparable.
>
> > Is that failure seen on unusual hardware or with a
> > specific compiler only?
>
> well, I don't think so. You can check all our archs build log at
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=python-numpy&suite=experimental
> but I saw that on my laptop (amd64) an on those logs too. There you
> can find all the references to the versions of the tools used for the
> build.

Thanks. Can you explain what happens when running the tests? I don't
understand why the log says "Fatal Python error...Aborted" and then it
happily continues (or restarts) and returns "OK (KNOWNFAIL=3, SKIP=4)" even
for the 2.7.3rc1 and 3.2.3rc2 release candidates.

Ralf