[Numpy-discussion] Removing masked arrays for 1.7? (Was 1.7 blockers)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Apr 20 12:54:22 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Chris Barker <chris.barker@noaa.gov> wrote:

> I recall discossion a couple times in the past of having some
> special-case numpy arrays for the simple, small cases -- perhaps 1-d
> or 2-d C-contiguous only, for instance. That might be a better way to
> address the small-array performance issue, and free us of concerns
> about minor growth to the core ndarray object.

+1 on that: I once wrote such code in pyrex (years ago) and it worked
extremely well for me.  No fancy features, very small footprint and
highly optimized codepaths that gave me excellent performance.

Cheers,