[Numpy-discussion] Problem in Generalized Ufunc with mixed data type signatures

kishor.iitr kishor.iitr@gmail....
Sat Apr 21 12:25:02 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to create Generalized ufunc with following signature:

static char func_signatures[] = {
 NPY_LONG, NPY_DOUBLE,  PyArray_INTP
};

gufunc_signature = "(m), (n),  -> (n)";

I am getting following warning while calling the function:

TypeError: function not supported for these types, and can't coerce safely
to supported types

If I change m => NPY_DOUBLE and n -> NPY_DOBULE function works fine but
somehow when I mix the data types it gives me warning mentioned above?
I didn't find any example in the Numpy Library where we mix the data types.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,
-Kishor