[Numpy-discussion] Masked Arrays in NumPy 1.x

Frédéric Bastien nouiz@nouiz....
Tue Apr 24 15:26:42 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should be 6 in 1.6
>
> # Binary compatibility version number. This number is increased whenever the
> # C-API is changed such that binary compatibility is broken, i.e. whenever a
> # recompile of extension modules is needed.
> C_ABI_VERSION = 0x01000009
>
> # Minor API version.  This number is increased whenever a change is made to
> the
> # C-API -- whether it breaks binary compatibility or not.  Some changes,
> such
> # as adding a function pointer to the end of the function table, can be made
> # without breaking binary compatibility.  In this case, only the
> C_API_VERSION
> # (*not* C_ABI_VERSION) would be increased.  Whenever binary compatibility
> is
> # broken, both C_API_VERSION and C_ABI_VERSION should be increased.
> C_API_VERSION = 0x00000006
>
> It's now 7. This is set in numpy/core/setup_common.py. Where are you seeing
> 7 for 1.6?

My bad, when I grepped, I found this line:

./build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/numpy/core/include/numpy/_numpyconfig.h:#define
NPY_API_VERSION 0x00000007

That tell the version 0x00000007. But this is in a file in the build
directory. As I my last build was with a later version, it isn't the
right number!

Fred