[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from using accelerate framework on mac os x ?

Aron Ahmadia aron@ahmadia....
Sat Aug 4 08:45:58 CDT 2012

Responding to both Dag and David,

> OpenMP is pretty widespread in supercomputing, and so is OpenMP +
> multiple threads using LAPACK at the same time. This does NOT sound like
> any issue with multiprocessing to me.

These are built on dynamic thread-level (pthreads), not process-level
(multiprocessing) parallelism.  My original statement stands.

| To be clear, I am not suggesting removing support for linking against
| accelerate, just to go away from it for our binary releases.

Oops, I missed that last part of your first email.  If this is a problem
for people, I agree that the binaries should avoid Accelerate.