[Numpy-discussion] how to uninstall numpy

Alex Clark aclark@aclark....
Mon Aug 6 13:07:55 CDT 2012

On 8/6/12 5:48 AM, Scott Sinclair wrote:
> On 6 August 2012 11:04, Petro <x.piter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a general python question but I will ask it here. To
>> install a new numpy on Debian testing I remove installed version with
>> "aptitude purge python-numpy" download numpy source code and install
>> numpy with "sudo python setup.py install".  If I want to remove the installed
>> numpy how do I proceed?
>
> Assuming your system Python is 2.7, your numpy should have been
> installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ (or
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ as on Ubuntu?)
>
> So something along these lines:
>
> $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/
> $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-*.egg*
> $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/f2py

Or if you have pip installed (easy_install pip) you can:

$ pip uninstall numpy

(it will uninstall things it hasn't installed, which I think should
include the console_script f2py?)

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com/ONE_CLICK