[Numpy-discussion] question about scipy superpack

Tom Krauss thomas.p.krauss@gmail....
Mon Aug 6 22:51:46 CDT 2012

Hi,

I got a new job, and a new mac book pro on which I just installed Mac OS X
10.8.

I need to run SWIG to generate a shared object from C++ source that works
with numpy.i.  I'm considering installing the Scipy Superpack, but I have a
question.  If I install the Scipy Superpack, which has most of the packages
I need, plus some others, will it be able to find "numpy/arrayobject.h" or
do I need to install numpy source and build it myself?    In other words,
does "numpy-1.8.0.dev_f2f0ac0_20120725-py2.7-macosx-10.8-x86_64.egg" have
the source files needed by gcc to compile the swig-generated C++ wrapper?

Cheers,
  Tom