[Numpy-discussion] how to use numpy-vendor

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 23:34:38 CDT 2012

Hi,

How should one use the "vendor" repository (https://github.com/numpy/vendor)
in Wine? Should I put the binaries into .wine/drive_c/Python25/libs/,
or somewhere else?
I've search all mailinglists and I didn't find any information on it.
I vaguely remember
that somebody mentioned it somewhere, but I am not able to find it.
Once I understand it,
I'll send a PR updating the README.

I've played with OpenBlas and managed to compile numpy with it on linux,
following the tutorial [1] and it works, so at least on linux it's clear to me.

In wine, since all the binaries are .a files, the only way to check
that it works is to
install it and check that things like eigh() are much faster. Is there
some other way?
On linux using openblas as an .so library, I just do "ldd" and all is clear.

Ondrej

[1] http://www.der-schnorz.de/2012/06/optimized-linear-algebra-and-numpyscipy/