[Numpy-discussion] distutils: compiler used by add_library

Matyáš Novák logik@centrum...
Wed Aug 29 05:20:19 CDT 2012

Hi,
I wrote extension some numerical extension for python, that requires
compiling
and linking additional fortran sources. I find out, that these libraries
can be easily added
using config.add_library() function, but there is a problem.
The --fcompiler command doesn't propagate to the stage where the
libraries are compiled,
so the default (and in my case wrong) compiler is used.  (If I try
compile the files using
add_extension method, they are compiled by desired compiler, but I need
combine more
sources in one extension so I think that I can't use add_extension).
Is there any way how to force python to use the right compiler, or at
least hardcode the
compiler in the setup.py?

Thanks a lot for suggestions,
Matyas