[Numpy-discussion] site.cfg: Custom BLAS / LAPACK configuration

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio...
Fri Dec 7 12:58:26 CST 2012

One way of fixing this I'm sort of itching to do is to create a
"pylapack" project which can iterate quickly on these build issues,
run-time selection of LAPACK backend and so on. (With some templates
generating some Cython code it shouldn't be more than a few days for an
MVP.)

Then patch NumPy to attempt to import pylapack (and if it's there, get a
table of function pointers from it).

The idea would be that powerusers could more easily build pylapack the
way they wanted, in isolation, and then have other things switch to that
without a rebuild (note again that it would need to export a table of
function pointers).

But I'm itching to do too many things, we'll see.

Dag Sverre