[Numpy-discussion] site.cfg: Custom BLAS / LAPACK configuration

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio...
Thu Dec 13 12:04:23 CST 2012

On 12/07/2012 07:58 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> One way of fixing this I'm sort of itching to do is to create a
> "pylapack" project which can iterate quickly on these build issues,
> run-time selection of LAPACK backend and so on. (With some templates
> generating some Cython code it shouldn't be more than a few days for an
> MVP.)
>
> Then patch NumPy to attempt to import pylapack (and if it's there, get a
> table of function pointers from it).
>
> The idea would be that powerusers could more easily build pylapack the
> way they wanted, in isolation, and then have other things switch to that
> without a rebuild (note again that it would need to export a table of
> function pointers).
>
> But I'm itching to do too many things, we'll see.

Update: This can be tackled as part of Hashdist funding, so I'm hoping
that I can 3-4 days on improving the LAPACK situation in January; as an
option for power-users at first, hopefully something nice for everybody
eventually. Opinions on the plan above welcome.

Dag Sverre