[Numpy-discussion] Proposal to drop python 2.4 support in numpy 1.8

Raul Cota raul@virtualmaterials....
Thu Dec 13 22:14:30 CST 2012

+1 from me

For what is worth, we are just moving forward from Python 2.2 / Numeric
and are going to 2.6 and it has been rather painful because of the
several little details of extensions and other subtleties. I believe we
will settle there for a while. For companies like ours, it is a big
problem to upgrade versions. There is always this or that hiccup that
"works great" in a version but not so much in another and we also have
all sorts of extensions.

Raul