[Numpy-discussion] Building numpy with OpenBLAS

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Fri Dec 14 06:04:14 CST 2012

On 14.12.2012 10:17, Sergey Bartunov wrote:

> Now things went even worse. I assume that numpy built with BLAS and
> LAPACK should do dot operation faster than "clean" installation on
> relatively large matirces (say 2000 x 2000). Here I don't use OpenBLAS
> anyway.

No, _dotblas is only built against ATLAS, MKL or Apple's accelerate
framework. So with OpenBLAS you have to call e.g. DGEMM from OpenBLAS
yourself instead of using np.dot.

> So how can I fix this? Many thanks in advance.

You might fix NumPy to build _dotblas against OpenBLAS as well :)

Sturla