[Numpy-discussion] Failure in test_iterator.py at Travis

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Fri Dec 14 12:43:14 CST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> The top of the build log has the actual git command they used to check out
> the source - it's some clever GitHub thing that gives the same thing as
> pressing the green button would iirc. You could copy the commands from the
> log to check that out locally though and see what the .travis.tml actually
> says. And if it's wrong poke around in the git history to figure out why.

You are right! I followed the one:

https://travis-ci.org/numpy/numpy/jobs/3330235

and .travis.yml indeed contains the old "python setup.py install"!
I just don't understand why. My strong suspicion is that the actual
commands are *not* equivalent to the github green merge button.

It took the latest patches from the PR (which do not contain the .travis.yml
fix), and merged into:

commit 089bfa5865cd39e2b40099755e8563d8f0d04f5f
Merge: 1065cc5 df2958e
Author: Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>
Date:   Sat Nov 24 02:54:48 2012 -0800

    Merge pull request #2766 from g2p/master

    Assume we can use sys.stdout.fileno() and friends.

I have no idea why. Unless --- it is merging into the master,
which was current at the time the PR was created. That would explain
it this particular failure.

Ok. And finally, the one at certik/numpy fails, because that one is
checking out the sources
from certik/numpy, but those do not have the improvement. It is then
the Travis's bug, that it links to certik/numpy log
for PRs at numpy/numpy.

So I think that all is explained now.

Ondrej