[Numpy-discussion] Status of the 1.7 release

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Sun Dec 16 17:26:22 CST 2012

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?labels=priority%3A+high&milestone=3&page=1&state=open

>> I am working on the mingw one, as that one is the most difficult.
>> Ralf (or anyone else), do you know how to fix this one:
>>
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/438
>>
>> I am not very familiar with this part of numpy, so maybe you know how
>> to document it well.
>>
>> The sooner we can fix these 4 issues, the sooner we can release.
>>

> I believe mingw was updated last month to a new compiler version. I don't
know what other changes there were, but it is possible that some problems
have been fixed.

It'd be worth checking in case it allows us to get off the (incredibly old)
GCC that we currently require on windows. But that's a long-term problem
that we probably shouldn't be messing with for 1.7 purposes. afaict all we
need to do for 1.7 is switch to using our current POSIX code on win32 as
well, instead of the (weird and broken) MS-specific API that we're
currently using. (Plus suppress some totally spurious warnings):
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2012-July/063346.html

(Or I could be missing something, but I don't think any problems with that
solution have been discussed on the list anyway.)

-n