[Numpy-discussion] MKL licenses for core scientific Python projects

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Thu Dec 20 16:02:42 CST 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 5:06 AM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <
> chris.barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Ralf,
>>
>> Do these licenses allow fully free distribution of binaries? And are
>> those binaries themselves redistributive? I.e. with py2exe and friends?
>>
>> If so, that could be nice.
>>

> Good point. It's not entirely clear from the emails I received. I've asked
> for clarification.

Yes, redistribution is fine. Intel would even be quite pleased if we would
offer official binaries built against MKL next to or instead of ATLAS.

They do ask us to include attribution on the website, which I don't see a
problem with. Actually I'd like to see that better organized on the website
anyway - we should mention companies like Enthought, Continuum, Github and
others who are contributing resources now or have done so in the past.

Ralf