[Numpy-discussion] Travis-CI stopped supporting Python 3.1, but added 3.3

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Fri Dec 21 14:36:44 CST 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that the 3.1 tests are now failing. After clarification with
>> the Travis guys:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/travis-ci/02iRu6kmwY8/discussion
>>
>> I've submitted a fix to our .travis.yml (and backported to 1.7):
>>
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2850
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2851
>>
>> In case you were wondering. Do we need to support Python 3.1?
>> We could in principle test 3.1 just like we test 2.4. I don't know if
>> it is worth the pain.
>
> It probably isn't much pain, since Python is easy to compile, and I
> don't think we've been running into many cases where supporting 3.1
> required workarounds yet? (As compared to 2.4, where we get
> compatibility-breaking patches constantly.)

Yes, I was going to suggest that it really is not a big deal to support 3.1,
as far as I see it by my experience with Travis tests on numpy PRs
in the last half a year.

We can compile it like we do for 2.4, or we can even provide a prebuild
binary and just install it in the Travis VM each time.

So I'll try to provide a PR which implements testing of 3.1, unless
someone beats me to it.

Ondrej