[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.0rc1 release

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke@uci....
Sat Dec 29 07:46:29 CST 2012

On 12/28/2012 4:02 PM, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
> NumPy 1.7.0rc1.
>
> Sources and binary installers can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.0rc1/
>
> We have fixed all issues known to us since the 1.7.0b2 release.
> The only remaining issue is a documentation improvement:
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/561
>
> Please test this release and report any issues on the numpy-discussion
> mailing list. If there are no more problems, we'll release the final
> version soon. I'll wait at least a week and please write me an email
> if you need more time for testing.
>
> I would like to thank Sebastian Berg, Ralf Gommers, Han Genuit,
> Nathaniel J. Smith, Jay Bourque, Gael Varoquaux, Mark Wiebe,
> Matthew Brett, Skipper Seabold, Peter Cock, Charles Harris, Frederic,
> Gabriel, Luis Pedro Coelho, Pauli Virtanen, Travis E. Oliphant
> and cgohlke for sending patches and fixes for this release since
> 1.7.0b2.
>
> Cheers,
> Ondrej
>
> P.S. Source code is uploaded to sourceforge, and I'll upload the
> rest of the Windows and Mac binaries in a few hours as they finish building.

Looks good so far.

I tested numpy-MKL-1.7.0rc1.win-amd64-py2.7 with some packages that were
compiled with numpy 1.6.x
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20121228-win-amd64-py2.7-numpy-1.7.0rc1/>.
There are a few additional test failures in bottleneck and Cython, but
they don't look serious.

The rc works well on Python 3.3 too
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20121229-win-amd64-py3.3/>.

Christoph