[Numpy-discussion] Download page still points to SVN

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Mon Feb 6 01:17:45 CST 2012

On 5 February 2012 13:07, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > I like this idea, and to get the ball rolling I've stripped out the
>> > www directory of the scipy.org-new repo into it's own repository using
>> > git filter-branch (posted here:
>> > https://github.com/scottza/scipy_website) and created
>> > https://github.com/scottza/scottza.github.com. This puts a copy of the
>> > new scipy website at http://scottza.github.com as a proof of concept.
>>
> Nice!
>

>> > Since there seems to be some agreement on rehosting numpy's website on
>> > github, I'd be happy to do as much of the legwork as I can in getting
>> > the numpy.scipy.org content hosted at numpy.github.com. I don't have
>> > permission to create new repos for the Numpy organization, so someone
>> > would have to create an empty
>> > https://github.com/numpy/numpy.github.com and give me push permission
>> > on that repo.
>

> Does it need to be a new repo, or would permissions on
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy.scipy.org work as well?

Yes a new repo is required. Github will render html checked into a
repo called https://github.com/numpy/numpy.github.com at
http://numpy.github.com. Since the html is built from reST sources
using Sphinx, we'd need a repo for the website source
(https://github.com/numpy/numpy.github.com) and a repo to check the
built html into (https://github.com/numpy/numpy.github.com). To update
the website will require push permissions to both repos.

The IPython team have scripts to automate the update, build and commit
process for their website, which we could borrow from.

Cheers,
Scott