[Numpy-discussion] Migrating issues to GitHub

Benjamin Root ben.root@ou....
Sat Feb 11 14:06:17 CST 2012

On Saturday, February 11, 2012, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> How to people feel about moving the issue tracking for NumPy to Github?
 It looks like they have improved their issue tracking quite a bit and the
workflow and integration with commits looks quite good from what I can see.
https://github.com/trustmaster/trac2github
> Are there others?
> -Travis

This is probably less of an issue for numpy, but our biggest complaint
about the github tracker for matplotlib is the inability for users to add
attachments.

The second complaint is that it is awkward to assign priorities (has to be
done via labels). Particularly, users can not apply labels themselves.

Mind you, neither of these complaints were enough to completely preclude
mpl from migrating, but it should be taken into consideration.

Cheers!
Ben Root