[Numpy-discussion] Migrating issues to GitHub

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Sat Feb 11 14:44:20 CST 2012

This is good feedback.

It looks like there are 2 concerns:

	1) no way to add attachments --- it would seem that gists and indeed other github repos solves that problem.
	2) You must be an admin to label an issue (i.e. set it as a bug, enhancement, or so forth).

This second concern seems more of a problem.   Perhaps this is something that can be brought up with the github developers directly.   Not separating issue permissions from code permissions seems rather unfortunate, and creates work for all admins.

On the other hand, it might force having an admin who is paying regular attention to the issues which is not necessarily a bad thing.

So, despite the drawback,  it seems that having issues on Trac and having code-conversations on those issues happening separately from the pull-request conversations is even less optimal.

-Travis