[Numpy-discussion] Typecasting changes from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Tue Feb 14 14:17:13 CST 2012

> > As you can see there were changes in each release.   Most of these were minor prior to the change from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1. I am still reviewing the changes from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1.    At first blush, it looks like there are a lot of changes to swallow that are not necessarily minor.    I really would like to just say all is well, and it's no big deal.   I hope that users really don't care and nobody's code is really relying on array-scalar combination conversions.
> >
> > -Travis
> >

> Would it make sense to adapt this code to go into the test suite?

Possibly.   I'm not sure.  I guess it depends on how much we want to hard-code the current behavior now.    Mark?  How confident do you feel in solidifying the casting rules?   We would need to add cases for overflow that are currently handled differently than originally specified.

-Travis