[Numpy-discussion] Numpy governance update

Benjamin Root ben.root@ou....
Wed Feb 15 14:12:01 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/2012 2:46 PM, Benjamin Root wrote:
> > The NA discussion is the perfect example where a governance structure
> would help resolve disputes.
>

> How? I'm not seeing it.
> Who would have behaved differently and why?
>
> Alan

I am pretty sure it was Matthew (but I could be wrong here) on numerous
occasions would have stated that if there was some sort of process that was
agreed upon beforehand, that he would have abided by the decision/outcome
of that process.  As much as I disagreed with Matthew and others on the
design of NA (and the amount of review that went into the branch getting
merged), I do agree that a formal process for handling grievances would
have helped mitigate much of the problems in the discussions.  Further, a
more fleshed out review process for major changes would have aired out more
of the design decisions (somewhat).

Ben Root