Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Fri Feb 17 22:23:16 CST 2012

On 2/17/12 10:10 PM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> Sure. They just keep adding features for the expence of stability. No
> focus or sence of direction. Focus on a small feature set, make it
> right, then don't add to it. That is the root of the successes of C,
> Python and Java. NumPy needs a stabile compiler that don't make
> mistakes everywhere. You cannot trust that to Cython.

Again, if you have specific examples of stability being sacrificed, I'm
sure the Cython list would like to hear about it.  Your statements,
as-is, are raising huge FUD flags for me.

Anyways, I've said enough on this, and we've seen enough problems in
discussions on this list already.  Many people in the numpy community
know Cython well enough to judge these things for themselves.

Thanks,

Jason