[Numpy-discussion] The end of numpy as we know it ?

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio...
Sat Feb 18 11:06:14 CST 2012

On 02/18/2012 08:52 AM, Benjamin Root wrote:

> On Saturday, February 18, 2012, Sturla Molden wrote:
>

>     Den 18. feb. 2012 kl. 17:12 skrev Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac@gmail.com
>     <javascript:;>>:
>
>      >
>      >
>      > How does "stream-lined" code written for maintainability
>      > (i.e., with helpful comments and tests) become *less*
>      > accessible to amateurs??
>

>     I think you missed the irony.
>
>     Sturla
>

> Took me couple reads.  Must be too early in the morning for me.
>
> For those who needs a clue, the last few lines seem to suggest that the
> only way forward is to relicense numpy so that it could be sold.  This
> is obviously ridiculous and a give-away to the fact that everything else
> in the email was sarcastic.

No, it was a quotation from Travis' blog:

http://technicaldiscovery.blogspot.com/

(I think people should just get a grip on themselves...worst case
scenario *ever* (and I highly doubt it) is a fork, and even that may
well be better than the status quo)

Dag