[Numpy-discussion] Possible roadmap addendum: building better text file readers

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig@crans....
Thu Feb 23 14:35:45 CST 2012

Le 23/02/2012 20:32, Wes McKinney a écrit :
> If anyone wants to get involved in this particular problem right
> now, let me know!
Hi Wes,

I'm totally out of the implementations issues you described, but I have
some million-lines-long CSV files so that I experience "some slowdown"
when loading those.
I'll be very glad to use any upgraded loadfromtxt/genfromtxt/anyfunction
once it's out !

Best,
Pierre

(and this reminds me shamefully that I still didn't take the time to
give a serious try at your pandas...)