[Numpy-discussion] Possible roadmap addendum: building better text file readers

Erin Sheldon erin.sheldon@gmail....
Sat Feb 25 16:04:54 CST 2012

Excerpts from Wes McKinney's message of Sat Feb 25 15:49:37 -0500 2012:
> That may work-- I haven't taken a look at the code but it is probably
> a good starting point. We could create a new repo on the pydata GitHub
> org (http://github.com/pydata) and use that as our point of
> collaboration. I will hopefully be able to put some serious energy
> into this this spring.

First I want to make sure that we are not duplicating effort of the
person Travis mentioned.

Logistically, I think it is probably easier to just fork numpy into my
github account and then work it directly into the code base, and ask for
a pull request when things are ready.

I expect I could have something with all the required features ready in
a week or so.  It is mainly just porting the code from C++ to C, and
writing the interfaces by hand instead of with swig; I've got plenty of
experience with that, so it should be straightforward.

-e
--
Erin Scott Sheldon
Brookhaven National Laboratory