Bryan Van de Ven bryanv@continuum...
Tue Feb 28 18:49:39 CST 2012

On 2/28/12 4:09 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> I can't imagine working in C anymore and doing without exception
> handling and namespaces. So I'm sorry to hear that C++ is not being
> considered for a numpy rewrite. -- Russell
AFAIK C++ is still being considered for numpy in the future, and I think
it is safe to say that a concrete implementation will be put forward for
consideration at some point.

Just my own $0.02 regarding this issue: I am in favor of using C++ for
numpy, I think it could confer various benefits. However, I am also in
favor of explicitly deciding and documenting what subset of C++ features
are acceptable for use within the numpy codebase.

Bryan Van de Ven