[Numpy-discussion] Error in numpy.load example?

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig@crans....
Sun Jan 8 07:56:36 CST 2012

Hi Sebastien,

Le 05/01/2012 15:02, Sébastien Barthélémy a écrit :
> However http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.savez.html
> says:
>
>  numpy.savez(file, *args, **kwds)¶
>
>      Save several arrays into a single file in uncompressed .npz format.
>
> Moreover, this last page points to an undocumented numpy.savez_compressed
> function, which is also non-existent in my version of numpy (1.5.1-2ubuntu2).

Indeed, this online doc is not consistent with the numpy.savez *version
1.5*...  [3]

It seems there was an API update between 1.5 and 1.6 ([1][2]).
(As a Debian testing user, I was also unaware of this change. Thanks for
pointing that out, at least for me ! )

Now, I think Sebastien's question raises an interesting practical issue :
If I'm correct, there is no place in the HTML page where the numpy
version is written, except in <title>
(and except the root of the manual
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/index.html )

Maybe, there should be some "top page version indicator". And possibly
some way (a drop down menu ??) to switch between versions. (I don't know
how this would fit in the Sphinx template system however...)
What do other people think ?

Best,
Pierre

[1]