[Numpy-discussion] Improving Python+MPI import performance

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jan 13 16:11:07 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 21:42, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:
> Den 13.01.2012 22:24, skrev Robert Kern:
>> Do these systems have a ramdisk capability?
>
> I assume you have seen this as well :)
>
> http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/Research/paracomp/papers/iccs11/iccs_paper_final.pdf

I hadn't, actually! Good find! Actually, this same problem came up at
the last SciPy conference from several people (Blue Genes are more
common than I expected!), and the ramdisk was just my first idea. I'm
glad people have evaluated it.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."