[Numpy-discussion] Download page still points to SVN

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Wed Jan 18 04:18:49 CST 2012

On 18 January 2012 11:22, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just pointing a colleague to the 'official download page' for
> numpy so he could find how to grab current sources:
>
> http://new.scipy.org/download.html
>
> but I was quite surprised to find that it still points to SVN for both
> numpy and scipy.  It would probably not be a bad idea to update those
> and point them to github...

It's rather confusing having two websites. The "official" page at
http://www.scipy.org/Download points to github.

There hasn't been much maintenance effort for new.scipy.org, and there
was some recent discussion about taking it offline. I'm not sure if a
firm conclusion was reached.

Cheers,
Scott