[Numpy-discussion] NumPy / SciPy related tutorials at PyCon 2012

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy@gmail....
Wed Jan 18 16:51:50 CST 2012

Does anybody know if there is similar chance for training in Paris? (or
other places of France)/
the price is nice, just because it's in US....

thanks,

Chao

2012/1/18 Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel@ensta.org>

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick email to advertise this year's PyCon tutorials as they
> are very focused on HPC & data analytics. In particular the numpy /
> scipy ecosystem is well covered, see:
>
>  https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/tutorials/
>
> Here is a selection of tutorials with an abstracts that mention numpy
> or a related project (scipy, ipython, matplotlib...):
>
> - Bayesian statistics made (as) simple (as possible) - Allen Downey
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/10/
>
> - IPython in-depth: high-productivity interactive and parallel python
> - Fernando Pérez , Brian E. Granger , Min Ragan-Kelley
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/121/
>
> - Faster Python Programs through Optimization - Mike Müller
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/245/
>
> - Graph Analysis from the Ground Up - Van Lindberg
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/228/
>
> - Data analysis in Python with pandas - Wes McKinney
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/427/
>
> - Social Network Analysis with Python - Maksim Tsvetovat
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/15/
>
> - High Performance Python I - Ian Ozsvald
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/174/
>
> - Plotting with matplotlib - Mike Müller
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/238/
>
> - Introduction to Interactive Predictive Analytics in Python with
> scikit-learn - Olivier Grisel
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/195/
>
> - High Performance Python II - Travis Oliphant
> https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/presentation/343/
>
> Also the main conference has also very interesting talks:
>
>  https://us.pycon.org/2012/schedule/
>
> The early birds rate for the PyCOn ends on Jan 25.
>
> See you in PyCon in March,
>
> --
> Olivier
> http://twitter.com/ogrisel - http://github.com/ogrisel

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16