[Numpy-discussion] Download page still points to SVN

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 20 15:26:33 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:53 AM, David Verelst <david.verelst@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to assist on the website. Although I have not made any code
> contributions to Numpy/SciPy (yet), I do follow the mailing lists and
> try to keep up to date on the scientific python scene. However, I need
> to hold my breath until the end of my wind tunnel test campaign mid
> February.

Fantastic, thanks.  I think the ideal setup would be to create a web
team in the numpy org. so that this team can have permissions over the
website repos (source and build).  I don't belong to the org so I
can't do it myself.

> And I do like the sound of the gihub workflow as currently done by the
> ipython team.

Don't hesitate to ask us if you have any questions.  In particular,
it's important *not* to use gh-pages like they originally suggest, but
instead like we do it in ipython: the build should be a separate repo
altogether, not just a branch in the official source repo.  Ours has
the makefile targets and scripts already for that, let me know if any
of it doesn't make sense.

Cheers,