[Numpy-discussion] Easy module installation with less human intervention.

Peng Yu pengyu.ut@gmail....
Sat Jan 21 22:25:22 CST 2012

Hi,

Perl has something like ppm so that I can just use one command to
download and install perl modules. But I don't find such thing in
python. As shown on http://docs.python.org/install/index.html, it
seems that I have to download the packages first unzip it then install
it. I'm wondering if there is a better way to install python packages
that require less human intervention. Thanks!

NAME
    ppm - Perl Package Manager, version 4.14

SYNOPSIS
    Invoke the graphical user interface:

        ppm
        ppm gui

    Install, upgrade and remove packages:

        ppm install [--area <area>] [--force] <pkg>
        ppm install [--area <area>] [--force] <module>
        ppm install [--area <area>] <url>
        ppm install [--area <area>] <file>.ppmx
        ppm install [--area <area>] <file>.ppd
        ppm install [--area <area>] <num>
        ppm upgrade [--install]
        ppm upgrade <pkg>
        ppm upgrade <module>
        ppm remove [--area <area>] [--force] <pkg>

--
Regards,
Peng