[Numpy-discussion] installing matplotlib in MacOs 10.6.8.

Samuel John scipy@samueljohn...
Tue Jan 24 17:06:08 CST 2012

Sorry for the late answer. But at least for the record:

If you are using eclipse, I assume you have also installed the eclipse plugin [pydev](http://pydev.org/). Is use it myself, it's good.
Then you have to go to the preferences->pydev->PythonInterpreter and select the python version you want to use by searching for the "Python" executable.

I am not familiar with the pre-built versions of matplotlib. Perhaps they miss the 64bit intel versions?
Perhaps you can find a lib (.so file) in matplotlib and use the "file" command to see the architectures, it was built for.
You should be able to install matplotlib also with `pip install matplotlib`. (if you have pip)

Samuel