[Numpy-discussion] numpy all unexpected result (generator)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Jan 31 10:11:19 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 15:35, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:

> Furthermore, from the documentation:
>
> numpy.asanyarray = asanyarray(a, dtype=None, order=None, maskna=None,
> ownmaskna=False)
>      Convert the input to an ndarray, but pass ndarray subclasses through.
>
>      Parameters
>      ----------
>      a : array_like
>          Input data, in any form that can be converted to an array.  This
>          includes scalars, lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples,
>          tuples of lists, and ndarrays.

I should also add that this verbiage is also in np.asarray(). The only
additional feature of np.asanyarray() is that is does not convert
ndarray subclasses like matrix to ndarray objects. np.asanyarray()
does not accept more types of objects than np.asarray().

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco