[Numpy-discussion] numpy all unexpected result (generator)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Jan 31 16:22:17 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 22:17, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> I also agree that an exception should be raised at the very least.
>
> It might also be possible to make the NumPy any, all, and sum functions
> behave like the builtins when given a generator.  It seems worth exploring
> at least.

I would rather we deprecate the all() and any() functions in favor of
the alltrue() and sometrue() aliases that date back to Numeric.
Renaming them to match the builtin names was a mistake.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco