[Numpy-discussion] Preferring gfortran over g77 on OS X and other distributions?

Thu Jul 5 11:49:14 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Aron Ahmadia <aron@ahmadia.net> wrote:

> I've promoted gfortran to be the default compiler on OS X over vendor
> compilers (to be more compatible with Linux), and made a similar adjustment
> for the platform detection.  I've promoted gfortran over g77 but not vendor
> compilers on the other 'nixes.  I left the Windows compiler options alone.
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/325

Aron made this change for {mac, linux, posix, sun, irix, aix} in his PR. I
think it's a good idea for {mac, linux} and perhaps posix, and to leave the
other platforms alone. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Ralf