[Numpy-discussion] frexp/ldexp docstrings

Sat Jul 7 09:54:25 CDT 2012

Hi,

The ldexp/frexp docstrings, now in add_newdocs.py, aren't picked up. It
looks like they're in the wrong place, but moving them to
code_generators/ufunc_docstrings.py and editing generate_umath.py also
doesn't work. They seem to be a special case, see umathmodule.c. What
should be done here, add the docstrings directly in umathmodule.c or make
the functions less of a special case?

Only after investigating I found that I'd already filed a bug for this:
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1759.

Ralf