[Numpy-discussion] Remove current 1.7 branch?

Wed Jul 11 18:28:22 CDT 2012

Hi All,

Travis and I agree that it would be appropriate to remove the current 1.7.x
branch and branch again after a code freeze. That way we can avoid the pain
and potential errors of backports. It is considered bad form to mess with
public repositories that way, so another option would be to rename the
branch, although I'm not sure how well that would work. Suggestions?

I've forward ported the 1.7 release notes, which probably should have been
in master to start with. Are there any other commits that should be forward
ported?

Chuck