[Numpy-discussion] Code Freeze for NumPy 1.7

Sun Jul 15 07:08:26 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We are nearing a code-freeze for NumPy 1.7.   Are there any last-minute
> changes people are wanting to push into NumPy 1.7?  We should discuss them
> as soon as possible.
>
> I'm proposing a code-freeze at midnight UTC on July 18th (7:00pm CDT on
> July 17th).   This will allow the creation of beta releases of NumPy on the
> 18th of July. This is a few days later than originally hoped for ---
> largely due to unexpected travel schedules of Ondrej and I, but it does
> give people a few more days to get patches in.  Of course, we will be able
> to apply bug-fixes to the 1.7.x branch once the tag is made.

What about the tickets still open for 1.7.0 (
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/report/3)? There are a few important ones
left.

These I would consider blockers:
  - #2108 Datetime failures with MinGW
  - #2076 Bus error for F order ndarray creation on SPARC

These have patches available which should be reviewed:
  - #2150 Distutils should support Debian multi-arch fully
  - #2179 Memmap children retain _mmap reference in all cases

Ralf