[Numpy-discussion] "Symbol table not found" compiling numpy from git repository on Windows

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Wed Jul 18 09:02:18 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now things work and start compiling. Any ideas what is going on here?
> Why is it trying to "build the msvcr" library?

I believe that it's actually trying to link to the msvcr library
(which requires first creating some file that describes its contents).
And this is being done because it's trying to workaround mingw's lack
of a "localtime_s" function. AFAICT the solution is to just delete
this code and go back to using plain old "localtime" (see the other
thread).

-n