[Numpy-discussion] numpy.complex

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Jul 20 16:05:22 CDT 2012

20.07.2012 22:17, OC kirjoitti:
> The syntax "numpy.complex(A)" seems to be the most natural and obvious
> thing a user would want for casting an array A to complex values.

I think I disagree here -- that something like that works at all is
rather surprising. Remember that

	numpy.complex, complex64, complex128, float64, ...

et al. are types that represent scalar numbers, not arrays. That you get
an array out from `float64(some_array)` rather than a ValueError is
un-Pythonic. Happens to work, but probably for the wrong reasons.

--
Pauli Virtanen